The Drools Boot Camp is open from the 1st to the 7th of June 2009, located at the Hilton Sanfrancisco - More details on the event can be found here. While the event is mostly about group hacking and open to the public, we also have a few time tabled discussions sessions which are detailed below:
Drools 5.0 Primer : Monday 1st of June 10.00 to 13.00
- The new features in Drools 5.0 will be covered at an end user level. This includes all the drools projects, Guvnor, Flow, Fusion and Expert. This is suitable for anyone with minimal previous Drools experience who just want to know "what's new".
- 20 minute community lightening talks about their experiences with drools.
- Tomasz Krywicki, from Sun, will talk about Drools in some of their software.
- Adam Mollenkopf, from Fedex Custom Critical, will present "Using Drools for Tracking and Situational Awareness".
- The internals of Guvnor will be discussed and how all the parts come together and current issues and directions we wish to take the project. This is suitable for anyone with minimal previous Drools experience, but ideally you should be aware of GWT, JCR and Guvnor in general. This is targetted at people who wish to extend Guvnor with new features or re-use/embed existing aspects of Guvnor.
- We will show how Drools Flow can be extended for domain specific workflow, with a focus on the pluggable Work Items and Eclipse. We will also cover the pluggable workflow framework for customised execution behaviour, such as is used to provide OSWorkflow compatability. This is suitable for anyone with a java and eclipse background, ideally you should have some understanding of what Drools and especially Drools Flow is.
- This will be a deep dive for the technical on Rete enhancements. We will cover the asymmetrical Rete implementation, as compared to the traditional symmetrical approach, and how we enhanced it for event processing and workflow. This is targetted at experienced people, who already have an understanding of Rete and wish to understand the latest research and innovations - not for the feint hearted.
A big thank you to Third Pillar for sponsoring the meeting room.