Every non-trivial business process needs to make complex decisions. A rule engine is the ideal place for these decisions to happen. However, it is impractical to invoke a rule engine from a standard workflow engine. Instead, if we take a rule engine and add workflow capabilities, we have an ideal tool to model complex business processes—Drools Flow.
In this two-part article by Michal Bali, we'll look at Drools flow in detail. We'll build a loan approval process and cover the advanced concepts of a ruleflow like faults, subflows, and decisions."
- Develop rules-based business logic using the Drools platform
- Discover the power of Drools as a platform for developing business rules
- Build a custom engine to provide real-time capability and reduce the complexity in implementing rules
- Explore Drools modules such as Drools Expert, Drools Fusion, and Drools Flow, which adds event processing capabilities to the platform
- Execute intelligent business logic with ease using JBoss/Drools, a stronger business-rules solution
- Covers examples of a fraud detection system utilizing Drools CEP (Complex Event Processing) capabilities