Do you use Drools, a very popular rule engine? Do you use IntelliJ IDEA? Then this post might be interesting for you!
Peter Gromov showed me the power of custom file types. Another secret I discovered in the world’s greatest Java IDE.
I followed his advice and created a custom file type for DRL files.
Nice, isn’t it? Besides the coloring you get:
- basic code completion (all configured keywords)
- support braces, brackets, parens, string escapes
- 4 different keyword sets (4 different colorings)
- Comment/Uncomment lines (Mac: Command-/)
- Block-Comment/Uncomment (Mac: Control-?)
You can easily import this IDEA drl file type with File > Import Settings... I didn’t tried to import them, so back up your settings please.
You want more? Go and vote for IDEA-24348.