- 16:00 UTC
- 18:00 Paris, Brussels, Berlin
- 17:00 London
- 12:00 (noon) New York, Washington DC, Boston
- 09:00 San Francisco
- 00:00 (midnight) Singapore
- Show starting time for other cities
Here is the summary of the 1 hour presentation:
Drools Planner optimizes automated planning.And of course, there will be time to ask questions.
It solves use cases such as:
In this presentation, I will:
- bin packing: filling containers, trucks, ships, cloud computer nodes, ...
- vehicle/freight/people routing: planning trucks, trains, airplanes, travelling salesmen, repairmen, ...
- employee shift rostering: rostering nurses, repairmen, ...
- agenda scheduling: scheduling courses, exams, conference presentations, maintenance jobs, advertisements, ...
- job shop scheduling: planning assembly lines for building cars, devices, ...
- cutting stock: cutting paper, steel, carpet, ...
- sport scheduling: planning football leagues, baseball leagues, ...
- demonstrate some of the use cases and their Drools Planner examples.
- explain some of the characteristics of these problems, known as NP-complete or NP-hard problems, such as the very surprising search space size.
- talk about how Drools Planner handles these problems.
- show how Drools Planner optimizes a lot further than common implementations.
Go to the official JBoss webinars webpage for more information.
Register for the event.